The Wyoming Afterschool Alliance (WYAA) was created June 12, 2007 to support and promote quality, education-based out of school time (OST) programs that positively impact Wyoming’s youth and families. WYAA is a linchpin, connecting afterschool providers to the necessary resources, technical assistance and training opportunities.
WYAA is part of the National Network of Statewide Afterschool networks funded through the C.S. Mott Foundation.
High-Quality Afterschool/Out-of-School Time (OST) Programs support successful outcomes for youth by providing:
- Physical and psychological safety and security
- Structure that is developmentally appropriate, with clear expectations for behavior
- Opportunities to make decisions, participate in rule-making and take on leadership roles
- Emotional and moral support
- Opportunities to learn how to form close, durable human relationships
A sense of belonging and value
- Opportunities to build and master skills
- Strong links between families, schools and broader community resources
The Wyoming Afterschool Alliance is a statewide network working to create the conditions for young people to reach their full potential. We are a priority fund of the Wyoming Community Foundation.
All Wyoming youth have equal access to high-quality afterschool programs.
Create a sustainable structure of statewide, regional and local partnerships, particularly between schools and communities, focused on supporting policy development at all levels.
Support the development and growth of statewide policies that will secure the resources needed to sustain new and existing out-of-school time (OST) programs.
Support statewide systems to ensure that OST programs are of high quality.
WYAA’s partners help create a sustainable structure of statewide school-community partnerships. Our partners assist in securing the resources needed to sustain new and existing afterschool programs and ensure high-quality afterschool programs.
- Mott Foundation
- John P. Ellbogen Foundation
- Noyce Foundation
- Craig & Linda Jennings
- Sargent Foundation
- Wyoming Department of Education
- 21st CCLC programs across the state
- Office of the Governor
- Afterschool Alliance
- National AfterSchool Association
Expert Advisory board
2007 – Present
Laramie County School District #1
4th Grade Teacher
White-Riley Peterson Fellow
2010 – Present
WY NASA Space Grant Consortium
What Better time than now?
Join us and make a difference in your community today.
Mission: The Wyoming Afterschool Alliance is a statewide network working to create the conditions for young people to reach their full potential. We are a priority fund of the Wyoming Community Foundation.
WYOMING AFTERSCHOOL ALLIANCE
1472 N. 5th Street, Suite 201
Laramie, WY 82072