THE WYOMING AFTERSCHOOL ALLIANCE IS SHARING RESOURCES THAT MIGHT BE HELPFUL TO YOU.
Wyoming Guidance for Childcare Providers
June 9, 2019: More than 115 people attended a town hall on Wyoming Guidance for Childcare Providers hosted in partnership with Wyoming Kids First and the Wyoming Afterschool Alliance on June 9. Panelists from the Wyoming Department of Health clarified guidance and answered questions from childcare and youth serving organizations working to re-open. The discussion was led by Stephanie Pyle, Wyoming Department of Health with support from Dr. Alexia Harrist, Wyoming Department of Health and Nichole Anderson, Wyoming Department of Family Services. See the recording below and access the slide deck here.
Summer Activity Guide
- The Summer Activity Guide is a suite of fun and engaging activities and challenges designed specifically for this atypical summer. Planning for summer just got a whole lot easier! We heard your concerns about how to maintain engagement throughout an atypical summer and have developed a suite of fun and engaging activities and challenges designed specifically to accommodate COVID-19 summer. Visit wyafterschoolalliance.org/summer-learning.
WYAA: Making Connections
The Wyoming Afterschool Alliance connects people and programs to benefit kids and families. Are you an afterschool professional looking for ideas for a virtual program? Are you a parent or caregiver looking for something to augment home learning? WYAA will help you make connections. Select from the topics below.
WYAA Special Roundtable Series: Design for Summer Learning
Please join us to think together about how we design new strategies to support young people’s potential. See recordings from the series below where afterschool professionals and community leaders gathered to connect, learn and innovate together to benefit Wyoming’s most important resource: our children.
Recorded Sessions and Slide Decks
- Strategies to support reading and language from a distance with Heather Fleming of WY Lit and Paige Bredenkamp with the Wyoming Sate Library from April 24. Click here for YouTube recording.
- Strategies to support math & critical thinking skills in three dimensions with MacCarty from the U.S. Math Recovery Council from April 28. Click here for YouTube recording.
- Entrepreneurship Activities for Afterschool with Scott Mann with VentureLab from May 26. Click here for the slide deck.
More News & Resources
- Afterschool Alliance: Afterschool programs looking for information and resources should check this page first. Go to afterschoolalliance.org/covid.
- State of Wyoming: This page provides a centralized portal for Wyoming residents to stay up-to-date on news and information from the Wyoming Departments of Health, Education, and more. Find it at covid19.wyo.gov.
- Wyoming Hunger Initiative: The Wyoming Hunger Initiative’s COVID-19 Task Force has been hard at work creating a clearinghouse for COVID-19 response information across all Wyoming counties. Visit www.nohungerwyo.org/covid.
- Wyoming Department of Education: This website is being used to communicate with superintendents and others and to provide support to school districts. Visit edu.wyoming.gov/educators/covid-19-resources.
- 2-1-1: Wyoming 2-1-1 and the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) are partnering to provide a public telephone helpline for COVID-19 questions and information. The statewide helpline provides free, confidential information and referrals to health and human services. By dialing 2-1-1 from anywhere in the state of Wyoming, people are linked to information about COVID-19 as well as local resources, from both government and nonprofit agencies. It is available Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm. Learn more at wy211.communityos.org.
- Public Health Nursing County Offices: These offices support specific town/county efforts or initiatives. To find locations and contact information, visit health.wyo.gov/publichealth/nursing/phn-co-offices/.
- Internet Resources: Comcast (click here) and Spectrum (click here) are offering free services to qualifying students. Zoom (click here) is temporarily lifting the 40-minute time limit on free Basic accounts for schools affected by the Coronavirus.
WYAA will post links on this page. If you would like to receive updates, specific to new resources, you can opt in here. Contact the WYAA offices at 307-335-9922. Updated 6/10/20
Mission: The Wyoming Afterschool Alliance is a statewide network working to create the conditions for young people to reach their full potential. We are a priority fund of the Wyoming Community Foundation.
WYOMING AFTERSCHOOL ALLIANCE
1472 N. 5th Street, Suite 201
Laramie, WY 82072